Anyone can organise a trip, and indeed Hellfins actively encourages you to do so. Ask a committee member or instructor for any help.
The steps you need to do are:
- Decide where you want to go and what you want to do
- Let the Diving Officer know your plans
- If you are not a Dive Leader, tap up someone who is and persuade them to act as Dive Manager
- Make a provisional booking with the boat or book the rib. (If you need a Coxn / Boat handler use the button on this page to contact those with qualifications)
- Send a note round the club asking for interest
- Collect money from everyone for accommodation and hardboat fees (it’s often easiest to collect all money in advance)
- Go diving!
- Transfer any rib fees / equipment hire fees to the Treasurer, and submit brief records to the DO.
Just a couple of other points to note – all diving needs to be within Hellfins’ Safety Guidelines and all trips should be self-financing – the club doesn’t get involved in the financing of trips.
Easy isn’t it? But if you do have any questions, then ask the Diving Officer, preferably in the pub!